Saturday, June 27, 2009

Landscaping Flu

Last Saturday we (Sue and I) attempted to take on 50 square metres of 6 inch concrete with a rather large jack hammer all for the frainage of laying a new lawn.

With a morning's help from our fat friend we went at it. The day's objective to cut and dig out a trench and then move the deposits away was achieved by Tuesday evening.

Being the runt of my litter the hard labour hit me hard and by Wednesday I'm laid low with aching limbs, thumping, blinding headache and a chest infection. Coughing razors, asked by the doctor if I've just come back from Mexico or Birmingham, I am put on anti-biotics and have to withdraw from the 200 miler this Saturday

A huge challenge that I could not have done in the state I am in. Good Luck to all the cyclists. I'm gutted! I will have to take the bating of those who achieve the challenge - loser that I am. Perhaps when fit I'll have a go at it on my own!

Goals for next week:
1. get lawn laid
2. restart diet
3. some gentle daily cycling
4. busk at the Music Festival on Saturday

Bookmark and Share
www.thetwofatcyclists.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment