Monday, September 5, 2011

The Return Of The Pendine Snot Monster


It all started so well. A blast with the Big Man AKA Andy `Mucus-man` Edwards out from Carmarthen to Llanstephan and back with the target of doing the windy 17 miles in under an hour. From the off the big man was truly 'on the bang' pushing hard on a big chain ring. I was blowing hard just to keep up. After the first 3 miles I managed to get on his rear wheel and thought here's my chance for a quick breather. Then it all started... The Snot Monster came out to play. The twelve bore nostrils had an initial blast out, followed by a good chest cleansing, some indiscriminent spitting and a final double nasal barrel salvo.

I of course being tight behind caught most of it.

I decided quickly after this that the safest place was up front and I bust a gut to get ahead.

Fortunatly there were some hills ahead and I managed to stay out of range of the nasal armoury and any collateral damage.

As we got back on to the flatter roads on the way back the big man powered past me again but fortunately by this point the rain was hammering down and any further nasal phlegm bombs or chest shrapnel would be quickly washed off..

The round trip done in an hour and one minute. But taking into account the multiple traffic light stops total ride time was 58 mins.. Job done.


No comments:

Post a Comment